Friday, January 2, 2009

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (The 3rd book)


Category: Books
Genre: Science Fiction & Fantasy
Author: Stephenie Meyer

After two days of interrupted reading, I finally got to the concluding pages of Eclipse last New Year’s Day.

It’s so silly but I think this wouldn’t be a review but a reaction to its contents. I can’t forget the part where Bella admitted that she also loved Jacob – it sucks! I just can’t imagine it. I understand that she was really concerned of her friend and want him out of any kind of trouble as much she want the Cullens to be away from such problems, but she acted too much to the point that she even asked Jacob to kiss her – and she just gave in – so disgusting imagining how Jake looked in the movie (it was indeed difficult for me to comprehend why Edward just accepted this insanity!). She also kept on saying that everything wrong was because of her – when someone was hurt, when there was fight, when there were misunderstandings. (Sigh.) It irritated me. Nakakasawa na.

Still, I’m thankful that she gave more importance to Edward when she answered Yes to his marriage proposal (it was a given though).

On the other hand, I just can’t compliment Edward’s patience, perceptiveness, and unconditional love toward Bella. I can fathom why he was just that overprotective – more than Bella deserve. How I wish I was her (haha..!). I really liked how Edward acted on this book. He’s so ideal. Almost perfect. Maybe I’m overly praising him but there are no other words for me here. I imagine him to be so cute when he admits that he gets jealous about Jacob – I like men who admit they’re jealous, at some point. He was so sincere in wanting Bella by his side forever yet still gives her the choice. He’s the one who keeps on pushing Bella on doing human stuffs as much as possible. He wants her to feel these things before turning into a vampire herself to have the least regret when she is there. Though physically hard and cold, Edward is so treats her with so much care in his own ways. Such a lovely picture. Nakakakilig – that’s it.

Also, my fave part was when Edward gave Bella a gift – a representation of himself as he said after he saw what Jacob had given her. It was a heart-shaped crystal that was cut in a million facets so that “even in the subdued light shining from the lamp, it sparkled.” I want to quote this part,… “But I thought it was a god representation,” he, Edward, continued. “It’s hard and cold.” He laughed. “And it throws rainbows in the sunlight.” “You forgot the most important similarity,” Bella murmured. “It’s beautiful.” My heart is just as silent,” he mused. “And it, too, is yours.”

…Oh…how wonderful. This is why I hate reading such kinds of stories. It makes me hope so much that there might be an Edward like him for me somewhere in this real world. Like what he does, I dream that someone would appear on my room through the window and hum me my own lullaby ‘til I sleep. I think it’s furthermore so nice to fall in his arms – though cold, I might shiver – because I know his tight embrace would give me the only comfort that I need. He might be more than enough. And I hate myself more when this kind of fantasy strikes me. I just can’t wait for what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment